Proven Strategies for Development
Constant innovation and development keep businesses moving into the future.
Peter Drucker, The Father of Management, said “Business has only two functions — marketing and innovation.” We are using the word “Development” broadly to include many things companies do not know they need to do like:
1. Organizational Development – The internal Management cadence, policies and processes
2. Management Developing – Growing your employees to take on new responsibility and grow with the company
3. Innovation and Creativity – Not just development of new products and services but innovation in all areas of the business like distribution, sales, operations, delivery, speed, quality etc.
These are the work of executives and manager working “on” not “in” the business.
Change is inevitable, and it can’t be avoided. Your future success depends on your ability to stay ahead of change, and the only way to do that is through consistent innovation and development. Is your business innovating and developing as it should? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Would you describe your business as a leader or a follower in the market?
- Does your culture value and support innovation in all areas of your business, or do you mainly focus only on innovation products?
- Do you have a vision for what your company will look like in five years?
- Does innovation drive better margins and pricing power through differentiation?
- Does your brand and name make your customers think innovative or just another widget to price shop?
- Are you taking advantage of newer technology to create a competitive advantage? New markets? New applications?
- Do you use proven skunkworks techniques to attract and keep top, creative team members?
Get the innovation and development solutions you need by relying on AirTight Management.
True business success doesn’t just happen for a time, it carries into the future, and to achieve true business success, you must keep innovating and developing. However, constant innovation and development is easier said than done. It is cultural and instilled through actions, not policy. It happens at the individual level. Luckily AirTight Management is here to help. We’ve helped many businesses learn how to effectively innovate and develop into the future, and we have the experience and the knowledge to help you too.